We are looking for a talented individual to join our fast moving, cutting edge development team. You must have a passion for your job and handle the pressures and challenges of working with large digital portfolios. You must be capable of using the latest tools and methodologies to test high-quality products. Attention to detail and initiative are key requirements. Good communication skills essential.
- Primarily assist with testing of development work, testing incidents and change request development as / when required.
- Work with Team to refine Acceptance Criteria of User Stories throughout development lifecycle.
- Automated and manual testing of web applications.
- Report test findings and defects found to team through Jira/Confluence and conduct re-testing of defect fixes.
- Assist Developers with root cause analysis of defects found.
- Collaborate with all members of the team to ensure visible progression of features to users in each Sprint.
- Design and execute clear, concise and maintainable manual test suites.
- Design and execute black-box tests (manual and automated) for web service / middleware solutions.
- Follow and contribute to defined standards and processes within the development and testing team.
- Research and apply new methods to improve testing quality and speed.
- Take ownership of all testing activities in assigned projects and manage own priorities independently.
- Pro-actively learn business and technical aspects of the system under test.
- Strong communicator and effective team player who is willing to articulate opinions with an eye for detail and a genuine can-do attitude.
- Ability to independently prioritise own tasks and workload.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science / Engineering / Sciences / Maths or similar discipline; or show technical competence and enthusiasm for the role.
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification.
- Automated and manual testing of web applications
- Exploratory testing of requirements in Agile/waterfall projects.
- Proven aptitude and interest in C# coding.
- Defect reporting and tracking to resolution.
- Basic SQL query construction to support testing.
- Working in Agile and Waterfall project teams.
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Web Service testing (SOAP UI or similar).
- Middleware testing.
- Continuous Integration / Deployment