The main purpose of this role is to lead and manage large scale and complex software solutions projects.
You will be joining a team of experts delivering solutions to clients focussing on digital solutions. Projects vary from client to client, but as a technical Project Manager, you should be comfortable managing both software / web development and digital projects.
You will be responsible for ensuring projects are managed, supported and delivered within the PRINCE2 framework, standards and principles ensuring qualitative delivery to time, within budgets and other tolerances.
You will be required to provide advice, strong leadership and clear direction to the teams within your projects. In addition to this, you will manage project resources either those directly assigned to projects or in a matrix environment and provide leadership and guidance.
- Matrix management of a diverse group of people which may include Technical Leads, Product Development and third party suppliers.
- Manage project objectives, schedules, risks and issues, and undertake timely and effective communication to all stakeholders.
- Maintain understanding, knowledge and awareness of technology developments
- Manage the design, testing and implementation of solutions for delivery.
- Implement effective change management.
- Communicate with all stakeholders and provide regular progress updates.
- Manage client relationship.
- Create and collaborate project documentation
- Translate client briefs into full technical briefs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager in the technology industry.
- Extensive project management experience and a strong background in leading complex and / or multiple projects using various project management methods.
- Proven track record of projects delivered to time, cost and scope.
- Experience of identifying, costing, mitigating complex risks and issues in multiple projects.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent project management qualification.
- Advanced MS Office, MS Projects and Vision skills.