The role is to research and gather market intelligence, company and competitor information as directed by the business and to present findings to the senior management team in order for the business to better manage the company and make sound investments. The role will be key in conducting analysis of the markets we have an interest in, to fully understand the market share.
The role will involve obtaining, analysing and presenting data. This may include contacts, financial information, product research, investment and marketing opportunities and competitive analysis.
The ideal candidate would be a recent graduate with a sound business awareness, holding a degree in one of the following or similar subjects: business or management, economics, mathematics, statistics. The candidate should have excellent analytical and numerical skills and be a self-starter who is extremely motivated and highly resourceful.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- analysing and interpreting data to identify patterns and solutions, including surveys and focus group transcripts;
- analysing market sectors
- profile what the different markets look like conducting in depth analysis of markets
- conducting primary research, speaking to customers and business stakeholders
- writing detailed reports and presenting results;
- use classic research methodologies of assessing the economics of the market and market management and be able to analyse these in terms of the key companies servicing those markets
- formulating a plan or proposal and presenting it to senior management;
- writing and managing the distribution of surveys and questionnaires;
- moderating focus groups;
- conducting qualitative or quantitative surveys, which may involve field, interview or focus group assessments;
- using statistical software to manage and organise information;
- monitoring the progress of research projects;
- collect customer feedback and market research;
- report to senior managers;
- keep up to date with products and competitors;
- contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks and maintaining organisational standards.