At SmartSpace Software we help millions of people work smarter worldwide through our pioneering software solutions which transform businesses. We are a growing and exciting business with some fantastic opportunities, including leading your own projects.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our fast moving, cutting edge development team as a Business Systems Analyst. You will work within our Technology team and will be responsible for leading or assisting requirements elicitation for major enterprise projects and leading smaller projects through to completion.
Reporting to the CTO and working directly alongside our Product Owners, you will effectively own one of our applications, and you will work on gathering requirements for projects by conducting work flow analysis, process analysis, and observation sessions; create clear and concise requirements and workflow documents; and finally, assist in business adoption and change management activities. You'll need to demonstrate excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the sector it operates in, as you'll be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver SmartSpace products to the market
- Develop technical requirements documents and use cases for new product features
- Work with our clients and Project Managers in planning and requirements definition
- Owns the product backlog, facilitates discussions, and user story grooming
- Liaising with the Product Manager, Data Analysts, CTO and stakeholders to define platform data requirements
- Monitor the status of development projects supporting new features
- Conduct business-level verification of new features
- Provide regular updates and manages stakeholder communication and reporting
- Five years of commercial experience as a Business Systems Analyst or Product Owner
- Experience managing a successful software product or online system throughout its life-cycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product suite
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects; strong planning and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of agile software development processes (knowledge of Jira and having managed projects in Jira essential)
- Experience with general project management including problem facilitation, business case development, process mapping, and process (re)designing
- Implementation skillset: requirement and process analysis, research, recommendation, building, testing, documentation, and support
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and software with high technical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by excellent verbal/written communication skills. Able to build good rapport, cultivate working relationship, and drive collaboration across teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can-do persistent attitude and willingness to explore all available options
- Ability to convey technical processes to business partners in a clear and meaningful way
- Some software developer background beneficial
- Experience with project tools including Visio and MS Project beneficial
- Domain experience in any of the following areas beneficial: Workflow management tools; mobile applications; on-site or cloud software deployments